Tuesday 10 May 2011

Topical - Birding 'Top 10s' #1 My Garden Birds

I always have an opinion on these! I'd really like to know what other think as an subject and their 'birding top 10's'. I have to start with the my favorite garden birds, those I have seen in my garden / or gardens over the years. What are yours?

1. Brambling - both in Worcs and Market Drayton.
2. Hobby - Market Drayton, only a 'fly-over' but that counts!
3. Blackbird - all the gardens I remember, beautiful song in Spring.
4. Song Thrush - just love 'em.
5. House Sparrow - yep, no garden is complete without them.
6. Willow Tit - Crowle in the 1970's, hardly ever see one now :(
7. Blue Tit - the first garden bird I ever remember seeing, still a delight now.
8. Reed Bunting - again in Crowle, only in winter no idea where they came from!
9. Blackcap - another 'bird watchers' bird, Crowle, Market Drayton and now Droitwich too.
10. Great Tit - they just look stunning.

I am going to post my top 10 'favorite UK rarities' next, that'll be fun compiling that.

No comments:

Post a Comment