Tuesday 10 May 2011

Enjoy Birds!

I have a passion for the natural environment, in particular the most watched, or most easily watched group - The Birds.

I recently posted a photograph of on the 'Birdguides' website I remember writing on the caption that really its a good job the whole world doesnt Enjoy Birds as much as I do, if that was ever the case I would never get a seat in the 'hide' at Upton Warren, my local nature reserve. However it is clear that people preserve and cherish the things they care about and this comes from appreciation and understanding. On that basis if we are to pass on to the next generation a world with at least the level of biodiversity it has now we have to encourage as many people as posible in to contributing something in to consevation. If thats feeding the birds in their garden, providing a nest box somewhere or joining one of the many very credable conservation organisations then the way I see it is every little helps!

If through my birding or blogging or other methods yet concieved I can convert one person to sharing my passion and through that contributing in some way to conservation then I will count that as success. On that basis.........lets blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment