Friday 13 May 2011

Another very personal Top 10 - my favorite birding countries

This has been hard actually, much harder than my top 10 UK rarities I did a few nights ago!

1. England - its where I do 95% of my birding so it has to be.
2. USA - I find the confiding nature of the birds amazing, in fact on my first visit to Boy Scouts Wood in Texas I literally couldnt stand up I was so 'blown away'
3.Spain - Europes best?
4. Morocco - just a beatiful place to bird, great birds and (mostly) lovely people.
5. Israel -stunning.
6. Thailand - probably not as good as it once was but some days were just spellbinding.
7. Costa Rica - lives up to its reputation.
9. France - so many memorable experiences.
10. South Africa - rough and tough (like a modern day Wild West) but oh so rewarding.

Who heard the BBC Radio 5 Live debate on taping birds in to photograph them this evening? Tomorrow time to say a few words on that subject...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment